Whether one is a homeowner, who decides to sell his house, or a qualified, potential, home buyer, who has made the decision, to find, a home of his own, they are best - served, when they are served and represented, by a real estate professional, who cares about them, understands their needs, and priorities, and will professionally, represent them, in order to get the most desirable results! This period of time, is often, stressful, but, quality representation, will usually make it far less so. After over a decade, as a Licensed Salesperson, in the State of New York, I have come to the conclusion, buyers and sellers, are usually best - served, when the focus and emphasis, is on them, and their needs, with what, I refer to, as the CLAPSof real estate representation. With that in mind, this article will attempt to briefly examine, review and consider, using the mnemonic approach, why this is an important concept.
1. Competition; competitive; compares; character; cares:Representing a client, must begin, with genuinely, caring about them, and their needs, and committing, with the finest character, to quality service! Real estate agents must articulate how one property compares, to another, and the differences, advantages, and strategies, which might differentiate, one, from the competition, in the local area. Pricing must be evaluated, based on data, and reality, rather than emotional, and a professionally created, Competitive Market Analysis (C.M.A.) is the best way to consider the proper price.
2. Learn; listen:The best agents must also be teachers, who explain essential ideas and issues, fully, while emphasizing continuous, relevant learning! The approach must be, to share ideas, and thus, the process, must focus on listening, thoroughly, and addressing perceptions!
3. Attention; astute:One of the benefits of being represented by a real estate agent, is their ability to pay attention, to the many details, in the transaction, and to handle them, to ease the process. This astute behavior serves the needs of clients, because it helps to achieve, a seller's primary goals, which are, to obtain the best possible price and terms, in the shortest period of time, and with the minimum of hassle. When representing a buyer, agents must show the client, what the market offers, strengths and weaknesses, and give them a realistic path, to obtaining the home, they seek, desire and can afford!
4. Pricing; planning; priorities:The finest approach is generally the merger of addressing needs and priorities, planning effectively and in a focused way, and being realistic about the intricacies and realities of pricing!
5. System; solution; strength:When an agent articulates the strengths and weaknesses to either his buyer - client, or seller - client, and focuses on viable solutions, and a system, which will get the best results, clients are served well!
One's clients deserve their agent's best, and this should include the CLAPSof real estate representation! Interview potential agents, and find the best one, for you!